- ASROCK K7S41GX motherboard
- AMD Sempron 2200+ socket a CPU
- 128mb DDR333 PC2700 RAM (single stick)
- 18gb Seagate hard drive (soon to be pulled for 500mhz machine that needs HDD)
- integreated sound, network, and video
- 52x CD-ROM
- 300 watt power supply
plans so far:
- AMD Athlon XP 2800+ socket A CPU (possibly 3000+ or 3200+ depending on how much is cost)
- 2x 1gb DDR333 PC2700 RAM sticks
- 200gb 7200rpm IDE hard drive (maybe 16mb cache if cost isnt too much more then 8mb)
- 16x DVD+/-RW drive and 16x DVD-ROM drive
- 450 watt power supply
my big questions for you guys is:
a) does this thing have any potential or am i just throwing cash away??
b) what graphcis card should i use?? definitely not the biult in 64 shared. i was consider a Radeon 9700 or 9800 series 256mb card, or maybe a Nvidia geforce 6600 series 256mb. AGP 8x interface. what do you guys think??
motherboard specs, if interested:
i do not have more then a couple hundred dollars to work with maybe three or four and since i got the thing for free and currently i am running a P3 it is a good place to start plus anything will be an improvement over my game-tired P3 1.0ghz.
ps. i buy everything off eBay, for lower prices 95% of the time.
and do 3200+ Socket A processors with a 333mhz FSB even exist?? because the highest 333mhz bus processor i could find was 3000+ on eBay and you can find almost anything on there. the board only supports up to 333mhz bus speed and lists highest processor for A-XP as 3200+ 333mhz FSB.
guess i go with 3000+ or maybe just 2800+ depending on cost
what AGP graqphic card??