Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hard drive Unrecognized

• Please log in to reply

ejit

ejit

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently had a problem were my pc froze and I had to resort to switching off the power at the plug after that my hard drive became unrecognized in my bios i probaly already know the answer to this but is the drive beyond repair also does the power surge void my warrenty as its only three months old and is there any other option apart from ctrl alt del and the power button on the pc before resorting to switching off the power at the plug thank you in advance for any help.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
there are times when you've just got to unplug the thing to turn it off...happens to the best of us..

have you checked to make sure that all the cables are stil lin place (don't see why they wouldn't be)...

you're probably still ok on your warranty...give the computer company a call and see if you can RMA the computer...they may also have some troubleshooting steps for you that might work

ejit

ejit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah opened the case and connected the whole thing again no good the reason im worried about the warranty cause its says on the hd warrenty void if exposed to a voltage more than 300v.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i think that means voided if you INTENTIONALLY expose it to more than 300V...and why would you do such a thing? though i could be wrong...check the the people you got the thing from and see what they say (i always find that when something is still under warranty...it's best to take advantage of that)