Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound on laptop win 98

• Please log in to reply

klawster

klawster

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
:whistling: i did a full install of 98 and did it not realizing i can't find the restore disk for my compaq 1245 laptop. not sure what to do. any help would be great. i did notuce a yellow ? by an unkown device not sure what i did desperate :blink:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you need to get the drivers for your sound card..go to the compaq website and see if you can find the drivers for your LT

klawster

klawster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
did that and i cannot locate one :whistling: i downloaded all that was available for my specific laptop and onlt the modem driver worked. :blink:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://h10025.www1.h...r...94995&os=20 so you went here? and got those drivers right?

klawster

klawster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
yep I went there and it would not work. I ended up going to drivers.com and went through about 20 sip files until I found one that would load up properly onto the laptop. I appreciate your help though and the prompt replies.

Klawster :whistling: