Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE goes to Google.com when I dont want it to

• Please log in to reply

chays33

chays33

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Suspect Virus, When trying to go to MANY antivirus sites, I get redirected to google home page, I can go to other sites, such as cnn, espn, etc I have run adaware and hijack this, cleaned registry with easycleaner, when trying to launch mcafee, it opens then closes immediately, cant install avg or anything else, apps close immediately PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Just to cover the basics, have you cleared your cache? Go to internet options from tools in IE, delete cookies and internet files (be sure to check the box for offline content). You might try the microsoft antispyware (http://www.microsoft.com/spyware) versus that other anti malware stuff. Unless the admins here fnd somethng in the hijackthis info I guess.

chays33

chays33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes, I cleared cookies, IE temp files, cache and history It sounds more like a virus that malware, but not sure which .dll or kernal file it may have corrupt