Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

McAfee Problems

• Please log in to reply

Camelman

Camelman

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am having trouble uninstalling my McAfee program. I have uninstalled it before succesfully, but a few days ago my computer had a trouble with its browser. I managed to fix the browser problem by using the system restore program, however when I got back to my desktop after restoring it McAfee started having problems. It wont seem to run or uninstall itself to even give me a chance of fixing it. Every time i uninstall it it comes up with the error that a file is missing and then it frezes and closes down. Any help on uninstalling it would be very helpful. I have also run all the recomended spyware and virus software no avail.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried uninstalling it in safe mode?

have you tried running the install program again (from the original install source)? sometimes that will give you an option to uninstall

Camelman

Camelman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I havent tried uninstalling it in safe mode i will try now thx ill update you once ive tried

Camelman

Camelman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have tried uninstalling in safe mode but yet it still does not work it comes up with the same error message as always. (c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\uninst\mpfrem.ui) it claims that it is missing a component to help it uninstall any help????