Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W3 U

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Give us a little time to put a framework in place. I'm excited and looking forward to it too! :whistling:

Advertisements

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts
This is exciting stuff guys. Cant wait to see what comes of it (XHTML Strict w/ css is the way to go) :whistling:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts

This is exciting stuff guys. Cant wait to see what comes of it (XHTML Strict w/ css is the way to go) :whistling:

I think this is were we (those that put this together) need our own little hidy whole to decide what gets posted.

I am against using XHTML to write web pages. If you read http://hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml you will know why.
A crunched down version would be. Using the XHTML mine type application/xhtml+xml causes older browser to not be able to render the page. So most use text/html, but this means the document is treated as HTML. And it has an invalid HTML doctype (it is using a XHTML one). So all modern browsers go into error checking mode and display it as HTML 3.2 with other rand HTML junk (tagsoup).

I sure he knows what he is talking about too, since he is listed as one of the 3 or 4 lead developers of Gekeo (the engine used by all Mozilla programs to display HTML)