Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! I've got a blank desktop!

• Please log in to reply

xp_even

xp_even

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Today morning when I started my PC,I got a blank desktop without icons and the taskbar.It displays only the wallpaper and nothing else.I can't even right click anywhere on the desktop.I can,however open the task manager.
I have no idea how this happened.My PC was perfectly fine when I shut it down last night.I suspected adware/malware so I ran a scan with ewido anti-malware but it reported no infections.Now i can't even shut down the computer.
Please help.

Advertisements

simz

simz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

Press control alt del and open task manager, and run a new task, explorer.exe

xp_even

xp_even

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi,(Thanks for the reply.)

I don't get it.After i run explorer.exe ,My Documents opens up.I can use my PC from there but I want to bring back my desktop to its earlier state with all the icons,taskbar etc.

How do i do it?