Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Add a Reply to an Existing Topic

• Please log in to reply

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Being able to reply to a topic is just as vital as knowing how to start one. Not only will you need to respond to your own topics, you may choose to offer assistance to others when you have a solution that can help them. GeeksToGo is about people helping people.

Please be sure you are a registered member, and currently logged in to the site. Only registered members can reply to topics. If you need help in learning how to register, please visit This Topic.

To reply to a thread:
  • Click on the topic you would like to reply to.
  • At the top or bottom of the topic, you will see a Posted Image button. Click this in order to open the new reply screen.
  • In the large text area on the next screen, type the message you would like to add.
  • When you are finished, you can Preview Post . This will take you to a screen showing you how your post looks.
  • If you wish to receive an email each time someone replies to the topic after you, place a check mark in the box next to Enable email notification of replies underneath the message body
  • Once you are satisfied with your post, click on the Add Reply button.
  • If you are comfortable with posting and don't feel you will need to preview your post or attach anything to it, you can choose to click the Posted Image button. This will open a small text box directly under the post, instead of taking you to a new page. Simply type in your reply, and add the post.
If you are asked to attach an image or file to your post, or simply want to add one in order to give us more complete information, please follow these steps when creating a new topic or reply:
  • In the area just underneath the message body, you will see a box with the word Browse next to it. Click the Browse button, and locate the file/picture you would like to upload.
  • Click the Add This Attachment button.
  • Your file will be attached, and your current page will refresh. Do not worry that your post is being added at this point. You are simply adding the attachment. Your post will not be added to the thread until you click the Add Reply button.

Advertisements

cushr

cushr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I am new to this site and think I am going to find it useful. I am not sure where to post it. I got to this site by clicking on a heading I saw when I googled "wA301a.sys " and saw a including some other error terms I've seen on my laptop screen. However, I did not know hot to get to the rest of the heading which described the technique used to solve the problem. Can you help with this. The cure apparently is for the exact problem I've been having. Thanks, ray cush

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

Performing a search for that term on this site brings up a lot of results from the Malware forum.

Please follow these instructions completely.

Cheers

Troy

countryboypride77

countryboypride77

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Hello Geeks to Go!

I'm having issues with posting Replies...I know how to post them but lately on certain topics, I am unable to post a reply. :)

ie: "Geeks to Go Member Map" found Here and "Introductions" found Here
Is this a temporary issue with Geeks to Go? Have I been suspended or put on probation for something?

I haven't received any email messages or PMs informing me I did anything wrong...I really don't think I did anything wrong.

I'm just really :) why I can't post replies on certain topics but I can post replies on others.

On the ones I can't post replies to I get the Error message I get is "Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic"... I don't know??? At first, I thought maybe it's because I'm a pretty New Member then as I browsed the replies I had noticed it can't be because there's a lot of even newer people posting replies successfully. :)

Edited by countryboypride77, 21 February 2009 - 11:02 AM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
It's because of your GeekU status - you're not allowed to post in the Introduction forum, and the member map is a subforum of that. You haven't done anything wrong. :)

countryboypride77

countryboypride77

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

It's because of your GeekU status - you're not allowed to post in the Introduction forum, and the member map is a subforum of that. You haven't done anything wrong. :)

Thank You very much sari. As a somewhat paranoid, somewhat perfectionist I was concerned that I did something wrong and was :) Thank you for your expedited response. It saved me a headache :)

I hope you have a Great Weekend. :killcomp:

EliseMattu

EliseMattu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is a test. My computer is really acting bonkers, and I couldn't even post to Facebook the other day. A friend helped me with that one - simply while on Facebook, with my Home page displayed, I hit Cntrl, Shift, alt, Escape and FB now works and lets me post.

But I cannot post on several small forums I am part of.

Want to see what happens on yr forum - since I am going to be turning to you folks for some help (as you come highly rec'ced,) I really hope my computer doesn't stop me from posting here.

auto7890

auto7890

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR OUR POSTS TO SHOW UP ?? AFTER POSTING ??? I SEE HERE IT IS NOT INSTANT LIKE ALL OTHER FORUMS ARE ??

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
auto7890,

Please don't type in all caps - on the Internet, that's considered the same as shouting. :) Posts should show up pretty much instantly. I see you have a post here that was created 2 minutes before this one - did you not see it appear when you made it?

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Please remind me how to append a rating or a "bravo" citation in replying to an especially useful posted response. ... batpark

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Batpark,

You should see a green up arrow in a post - by clicking on that you can vote the post up.

Attached Thumbnails

• votepost.JPG

homebrew901

homebrew901

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Hello. I can reply just fine but in the past few hours I can't see beyond the first page of my topic.  I'm involved with this topic: Things were going fine as of last night and then I committed the cardinal geek sin of going to sleep. :oops:   Checking this morning I find I can only view the first page (of three) of the topic.  I can follow along by my email notifications of course but I report it because it means either something's wrong with the forums or (more likely) something went even further wrong with my laptop.  Is this a known thing?

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
It's not your laptop. We have a problem here on the site, as several others are having the exact same issue. :)

LESI

LESI

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

My post got locked.  I posted at the bottom of page one as I didn't see that page 2 had been started.  It says to contact the admin, but I can't find how to do this.

:o) LESI 

Edit by paws: the topic has been unlocked and LESI, continues to receive assistance.

papilio

papilio

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

This is my last, best hope for cleaning a computer which has had serous trouble for years!  The things which I've been witnessing on my machinge had formererly caused the local techs to accuse me of chasing ghosts, until a generous security gentleman at Qualys spent an hour listening to me and all of the truly bizarre things to which I had been winess before concluding that I had, in his words a "Top Shelf Hacker" in my machine  The tools available on your site will be most helpful I have no doubt, but I of course I know not what to make of them.      
Thank you in advance for your help, this site is clearly the most capable of all of the asistants online.

I'll be running all of the suggested scan before posting, I trust that they may make the solution seasier to pin down.

Please be so kind as to indicate which subforum would be the most appropriate for posting the above..

Thank you,

papilio

Edited by papilio, 09 December 2014 - 08:38 AM.