Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp/microsoft office

• Please log in to reply

Pinestump

Pinestump

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My friend and I both have windows XP on our computers.He paid more for his and it has more features than mine.oOne of which is Microsoft`s Office.I`m semi-retired,he is due any day now.The kids have been teaching how to use the computers.What we want to know is,can we uninstall Microsoft`s Office from his edition of Windows XP,with out there being any problems to windows xp . The reason being he doesn`t want or need it. It seems that when ever he tries to do something,microsoft office is sticking its nose into it.Like sending e-mail and using his printer.

Advertisements

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
You can go to the Control Panel, and select Add or Remove Programs and then select the Microsoft Office version on your computer. It will run the MS Office setup program and may ask for a CD. One of the options will be to remove or delete Office. It should be pretty straight forward from there.

Removing it won't damage your XP installiation.