Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printmaster Platinum 17 Software Problems

• Please log in to reply

lbcherokee

lbcherokee

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
:whistling: I have spent several months scanning old travel album photos into Printmaster Platininum 17 program & creating new album pgs. I saved these files to a CD until the entire album was ready to print. Yesterday I could not open the saved files from the CD. Msg just said "unable to open file." On a whim, I copied the file to My Documents. I was able to open it there, edit it, save it as PDF file which prints faster, and print the pg. This worked for 12 pgs. Today I still can't open the file from the CD but now I also cannot copy the file to My Documents. Error msg says "Cannot copy {file name]:Invalid MS-DOS function." When I try to open file from CD, the Printmaster 15 logo appears and then a msg. that Printmaster 15 has incurred a problem & must close. I have not had Printmaster 15 on my computer for at least 2 yrs - it was upgraded to Prntmaster Platinum 16 and, 3 months ago, to PMP17. When I open PMP17 from its shortcut, the logo says "Printmaster17." When I went into Properties for the file, I clipped on "Open with". The only option I am given is Printmaster15. While trying other options, I did at one point see something that said Windows has Printmaster 15 registered. I'm not sure what this means. Sorry this is so long but I wanted to give you all the info I have.

Advertisements