Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Connection Freezes

• Please log in to reply

J0hn

J0hn

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Ever since I got ZoneAlarm Suit and configured everything, my internet keeps on freezing. I get no errors what so ever, it just freezes and I have to close the browser and reopen it for it to connect again. I surf the net for maybe about 15 or 20 seconds and it just freezes.

I don't know what's going on. I scanned with ZoneAlarm suite for spyware but I'm clean. Maybe the cause is my configurations?

The below is my configurations for ZoneAlarm.

-Firewall-

Internet Zone Security = set to High(Stealth)
Trusted Zone Security = set to High(Stealth)

-Below boxes are checked-

-This computer is a client of an ICS/NAT gateway running ZoneAlarm Security Suite
-Block all fragments
-Block trusted servers
-Block Internet servers
-Enable Arp protection
-Filer IP traffice over 1394
-Allow VPN protocols
-Lock hosts file
-Ask which Zone to place new networks in upon detection
-Automatically put new unprotected wireless networks(WEP or WPA) in the Internet Zone.
-Anit-spyware On
-Anti-virus On
-E-mail protection On

-The below is also set to HIGH

-Cookie control - Blocks all but sessions cookies may prevent some sites from loading
-Ad Blocking - Blocks all banner ads, pop-ups, pop-under and animated ads
-Identity Lock - Prevents your identity information from going to unauthorized destinations.

^ The above is about all the information I can think of. When I had free ZoneAlarm, none of this ever happened to me. I was able to surf the net with ease, but now after I got ZoneAlarm Suite the connection keeps freezing.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Are you connected to a network? have you tried lowering your security level from stealth to one level lower?

J0hn

J0hn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I'm having trouble posting because the internet keeps on freezing!

Only thing that I'm connected to is my ISP and I'm using a router(Linksys)

Anyway, yea I tried lowering it to medium but it still doesn't work. I also set the cookies to medium and not high and disabled windows default firewall but internet still freezes. As of now I'm just fiddeling with the configurations to see if I can fix it.

EDIT:

Internet seems to work now. I kept ALL configurations intact and changed nothing except for disabling/unchecking the box "Enable ARP Protection" After that the connection was fixed. I googled on "ARP Protection" to find information about connection problems, but found nothing. But anyway as long as it's fixed, I'm happy :whistling:

Edited by J0hn, 25 July 2006 - 07:39 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Glad to see you fixed it :blink: Come back and see us if you have any more questions. :whistling: