Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

using recovery system

• Please log in to reply

dragon86

dragon86

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I don't know if this question is in the right place, but I'm going to put it here anyways. Ok, so my question is.. I have an Emachine with Windows XP and would like to know how i can restore my entire system so it becomes the way it was the first time I bought it. I used to have an HP with Windows ME and that computer came with three cds. I would put in the first cd and restart my computer with the cd in it and it would erase everthing off the computer and then it would ask me to replace the cd with the # 2 cd and that one would restore all the original files. I would like to know how to do it in this computer because this one did not come with any CDs. I heard someone say that I had to press one of the Function keys like when you press F2 when the computer is starting it takes you into safe mode, but i don't remember wich key it is to restore the original files and programs. If someone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if your cmputer has a recovery partition (right click on my computer > manage > disk manager> what do you see? or if you can..give me a screen shot) alot of times the "magic" keystroke is shift f10 during boot...but this could be different for emachines..

dragon86

dragon86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
First of thanks for responding so quickly. I'll try to put an attachment of the screen that i see, but i don't know if it will work. What exacly am i looking for.

dragon86

dragon86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Lets try this again.