Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HL2 + Rad x600

• Please log in to reply

curlyfry562

curlyfry562

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am considering buying a laptop but i want to be able to run HL2, yet most of the laptops in my price range only come with Radeon x600's. Radeon's site says that it supports directX 9.0,but I thought I should ask some one who had run it Thanks in advance. :whistling:

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Half-Life 2 ran great on my old Radeon 9600 SE in a crappy old Dell so the X600 should be okay. What processor does the laptop have? If the processor is super slow, having a decent card will be worthless because the processor will hold it down.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
An x600 is ok its not great but it could be worse, you might get one of the newer models with an x1600 the x1600 is a popular choice in laptops.

curlyfry562

curlyfry562

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
"in my price range"

I know about the x1600 it is just expensive

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ive seen pretty cheap systems with x1600s they put them in expensive systems yes because its the most powerful gfx solution for a truly portable system but its still used on some cheaper systems they are just harder to find.