Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stuck in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

bevan

bevan

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hi my problem is kids and i no theres no help for that. but they have got me stuck in safe mode on my lap top and i've got no idea how to fix it . it comes up with blank screen with; Operating System not found and same thing happens with every button i push. i am only a learner so any help would be great . and to make things worse they tell me they cant remeber the password.HELP ME PLEASE>

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
a shot in the dark but can you do a system restore go start...allprograms...acceries..system tools click on system restore ...restore to earlier time .....try that

bevan

bevan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No it wont let me do anything at all.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
so you know for sure your in safemode

when you turn your computer on does it have the safemode all around the screen

if not do you get any options on how to start your computer such as

safemode

safemode with networking

last good start up configuration

start windows normally

all this on a black screen

bevan

bevan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I honestly dont no, i think they have gone into last good start up configuration and pushed default setting. i can enter PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility but i dont no the password?

bevan

bevan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
can anyone please help. PLEASE

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ok

so say it in exact words what does the computer do from the time you start it

what type of screen shows up

is there any writing on the screen or what does it say

need to know

bevan

bevan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Right as soon as i turn on it comes up with black scren with a heap of writing at the bottom it says ; Previous boot incomplete-Default configuration used. Press<F1> to resume,<F10> to Setup.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
when you press your on and off button on your computer tower try tapping f8 and keep tapping it until screen changes you should come to screen with several options use your up and down arrows on your key board then select safemode hit enter a bunch of stuff will come up let it be this will be a few minutes then safe mode should open.once it opens go to start ...allprograms....click on acceseries...system tools....click on system resore...restore to earlier time on the calender click date prevous to the day kids played with computer click on any date the box should turn to shaded color and you should see a little caption on the right hand side of calender telling you what events took place that day for example system check point click next and follow the proceedure

im assuming your crashed computer still has the capability to get to safemode cause other wise your gonna need the xp cd to boot up your computer to make any changes or repairs

bevan

bevan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
tried tapping F8 while starting it but it just makes a ringing noise then comes up ; Operating System not found over and over . anything else i can try?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What happens when you press F1 or F10

bevan

bevan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
F1 nothing and F10 takes me into the PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility but this needs a password which i havent got .

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does tapping F5 give you boot options

Which make and model laptop

bevan

bevan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts