Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

unfold rar files

• Please log in to reply

DragonAngel

DragonAngel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Now and then I recive file described as .rar from my friends, but I donīt know how to unfold them. :whistling: I have allready heard about Winrar but I donīt figure out the way to do it. How does Winrar Works? Where can I get it? Thanks for your help, anwser please! :blink:

Advertisements

Necom

Necom

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Install winrar, then rightclick on the file and press Open with and then select winrar

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would use 7zip instead irs like winrar but its free unlike winrar, What you do is select the files that need extracted right click then go to the menu in the drop down box for the extraction program and pick extract file(this lets you pick destination folder) or extract here(just extracts it in the same place as the source).

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Extract Now is also worth a look, install with the add to context menu option, then you right click a file, click extract to named folder and it names a folder

http://www.extractnow.com/