Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformatting my drive

• Please log in to reply

Spartan551475

Spartan551475

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi, um sorry this is probably going to seem like a stupid question but yah. I'm trying to reformat my old dell laptop. It has grown extremely slow over time and I wish to bring it back to speed. I don't have anything on the old drive that I wish to use anymore, so what would be my best way of going about this. I was planning on using system restore as I have windows XP, but Dell happened to have disabled it when they made it and I had never turned it on. Is there any other way that windows can make this easier. What would any of you suggest I do in this situation.

Mike

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
If Dell gave you a restore CD I would use that to wipe the hard drive and reinstall the Operating System. That is the cleanest way to do it with a Dell, that I have found anyways.

Spartan551475

Spartan551475

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
thnks alot I'll look around and see if i can find it

mike