Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my PC will not Power Up at first plugg in

• Please log in to reply

pecar

pecar

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello!

I'm wondering what exactly would cause my PC to lose its ability to power up at first time when i turn PC on. Then usually goes to lets say RAM checking, then it frizzes and i must unplug the power supplay - switch(reset dasnt help at all). At second power up it usually goes so far, that ˝wellcome˝ sign appears and then stops (frizzes).
Sometimes at next power up - or by first power up, (i turn the switch on) happens nothing (on monitor is all black and my mashin box is also quiet). Usually when i shut down (whit switch - where is power supply, not with reset) my PC and turn on at liest 5 times, then turns my PC on - all the way, so i can work whit it.

Sometimes when i plug in my USB key, or my MP3 player it fresses also :whistling: .

I have tryd on forum spyware, virus, troyan, but its all ok, there they tould me to go here ( i have XP windows).

Do you need any HJT log?

Thanks for any help you can give me, and I can answer any follow-up questions.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
On a basic level it may be your power supply that is flaky. the only real way to test that is to replace it with another one and see. Other than that you may have a hardware issue. I would press F8 at startup and try safe mode. These are really stabs in the dark but they might be worth a shot.

Odge

Odge

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yeah if you installed anything new recently then it may be sucking too much power.It sounds like a power supply problem.