Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Custom PC Recommendations

• Please log in to reply

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Can anyone recommend some reputable custom PC building sites. I'm looking to order a custom PC, but I'm not technically savvy enough (nor do I have to time) to build one myself.

Also, everybody was predicting huge price drops on AMD processors after the Conroes were released on the 24th, has this in fact occured?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by kidnova, 26 July 2006 - 10:12 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah AMD prices have dropped although they have dropped unofficially for about two weeks as alot of places just dropped the prices in anticipation.

Where are you, location determines what places/sites you can use.

kidnova

kidnova

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
I'm in the good'ol US of A. San Antonio to be precise.

Also, seeing as how I'm not a powergamer or multimedia professional, will I see much of a performance difference between an AMD 3800+ HT and an AMD 3800+ X2? I understand the need to get the AM2 mobo for future upgrades, but I'm not sure if I need the dual core or not. Thanks again.

Edited by kidnova, 26 July 2006 - 11:39 AM.