Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major Hardware Problem (Many Things Wrong)

• Please log in to reply

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
OK, I have a Gateway 700GR that is pretty much retail except for 2 cards a pci-e Radeon x700 and a Sound Blaster Live card....I got this computer from my dad which at the time was working fine.I put it in my room and put my sound blaster live card in it and the computer wouldnt turn on...Pushed power button and nothing happened nothing. So i took out the card (Sound card) and waited overnight. Pushed the power button the next morning working like a champ. After a day i tried to put the card back in and when i tried to power it up it didnt work. So i figured that pci slot may have gone out so i mived it down one slot and it worked fine. After about 3-5 days i got a new desk for my room so i unpluged my computer and put the new desk up and when i hooked the computer back up it didnt work. I took out the sound card and waited over night...Still didnt work. Took out my pci-e Radeon X700 card and waited another night and it worked fine. So at this point i reset the bios to defaults and it worked fine. The next day i woke up and tried to turn it on again and it didnt work. AT this point i was very angry. I ordered a new motherboard from www.skyline-eng.com (this is where gateway gets there motherboards from) and when it came and i installed it it still dosent work. Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem????

P.S.-I have a 300 watt power supply. and these are the specs on my computer...... http://support.gatew.../102129nv.shtml
http://support.gatew.../3726sp27.shtml

Advertisements