Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everex lap top not equiped with device drivers?

• Please log in to reply

Sharpchefjeff

Sharpchefjeff

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Problem- No device I plug into my lap tops USB ports work. Unless they come with a disk, other wize, I get the "FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD", but after clicking, I get "Cannot use this hardware."
CRUZER MICRO and FIRE FLY should plug and play as long as I have the correct drivers, right??
I have spent time late into the night trying to find the reason nothing other than my lap top cooling platform which requiers no software just power to run, will work on my EVEREX lap top. I have consulted with Windows techs, our in house computer tech at work, and now YOU guys.

My computer came with a everex instalation disk, which is supposed to have the drivers incorporated onto its files, and I read the manual, and did try to upload the files for the drivers, but still, nothing. I purchased a Mouse the other day, because I'm tired of the touch pad. The mouse wouldn't get connected either. At first I figured the reason for the Cruzer Micro, and fire fly mini flash drivers wouldn't work was because my computer wasn't able to reconize the componate. After all this....I have contacted scandisk, and they said if my o.s. is XP it should have started as soon as I plugged it in. Does anyone know what o.s. my lap top is running on?? Everex has not ever returned a e-mail, and as far as I can tell I'm running a xp o.s., but that maybe incorrect.

To sum up this whole deal.......I want a tight running computer, that is able to work plug and play devices. I cannot get my EVEREX LAP TOP LM7wZ to do what I need it to do. Please tell me what you know about this company,and if there has been any other people out there with the same B.S.. So.... :whistling: E-mail me if you think you can help me out. Thank you!

Advertisements

coffeedrinker

coffeedrinker

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi Sharpchefgeff

Have you checked your BIOS?? I know in my BIOS you have to enable USB posts.

Tap either del key or esc to get into your BIOS at startup.

Hope this helps

Sharpchefjeff

Sharpchefjeff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm almost 100% I have done that once or twice already. I will try again and check, but I think I have once or twice.....I've mulling this over so long I'm not sure anymore, I will try though, and let you know,thanx!

coffeedrinker

coffeedrinker

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi Sharpchefjeff

You might also want to update to SP2 using windows update page.

Let me know

Sharpchefjeff

Sharpchefjeff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sp2 for xp? right, or for the Nt?

coffeedrinker

coffeedrinker

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
I might check the windows update page for all updates and SP2 for XP. But before you do that, are your USB ports working???

Sharpchefjeff

Sharpchefjeff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you for the help. i went into debugger, and removed a damaged driver, and as soon as I did that, i rebooted off of the supplied recovery disk. When I plugged my camera into the usb port, be darned, it worked. :blink: , then all I need to do is get the flash drive sandisk cruzer micro back from wally world, hence the fact i returned it, and try it out. I will let you know friday night if it worked, and again thank you!! :whistling:

coffeedrinker

coffeedrinker

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Lesson Learned.

Before you check the BIOS, check the device manager to make sure you have no ? or !. If you do that reinstall the driver.

A bad driver would do that.

Glad to have helped, but really didn't.

Just glad you got it fixed and everything is up and running.