Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp wont open .exe files.

• Please log in to reply

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
So im owkring on my firneds laptop for him. Its been running slow, and has been having some wierd bugs. I ran Trend-Micro house call on it, and Ad-Aware and nothing serious came up. However the system fails to open .exe files that are downloaded.

When I try to open setup files for Avast or other software i get this error message:
An error 82 (00000052) has occured.
Last performed operation was extracting main exe

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
An error 82 (00000052)

heres what the error means

1. possibly you dont have the rights of administrator.

2. by what that with means in you closed access to folder Temp, where are unpacked temporary of file with the installation of application.

RjBass

RjBass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
word.

So should i boot in safe mode, delete his regular user and just have him run the pc from admin mode? hes the only one that uses it.

On initial bootup it does not give the option to log on as admin or his regualr user name, but it does allow it in safe mode.