Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformatted and now big problems

• Please log in to reply

gf823

gf823

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I can't move the Temp folder from the folder with the pc name (it says cannot move ~DF155F: It is being used by another person or program...). I moved all the other Temp folders with no problem. Now some sites won't even load all the way (for example espn, sportsline, menshealth forums, nordstrom) while others load fine (ebay, google, shoryuken). I think it has to do with my cookies, which brings me to another problem. Before I had the cookie control set to medium in zonealarm pro and now it's still at medium but I can't view my email or ebay. I can log in, but then it'll log me out once I click anything. If I set cookie control to off everything is fine. I'm pretty sure my firefox settings are the same, and I tried to set and clear cookies but that doesn't work. IIRC the only differences from last time are I did some of the things recommended in SecureXP and Radified, my av is different and I run trojan hunter now. Also my pc sometimes reboots and I lose all my zonealarm settings and firefox bookmarks. Please help me get my pc running the way it use to!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will be unlikely to move or delete any file in the temp folder which is preceded by ~

Click start, control panel, network and internet, click delete files, include offline content, delete cookies, clear history

On the security and privacy tabs, click default, click apply

On the advanced tab, tick do not save encrypted pages to disc, and tick empty the temporary internet files folder when the browser is closed

If you have the installation file for Zone Alarm, double click it, put the dot in clean install

Post back how it is then

gf823

gf823

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That didn't fix it.

gf823

gf823

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think I can help you guys fix my website loading problem, but i'll post it tomorrow. Tired and going to sleep.