Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Notebook not connecting to wireless router

• Please log in to reply

Kosta Kondratenko

Kosta Kondratenko

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while, but when this problem came up you were the first guys that came to mind.

I have a Packard Bell EasyNote R7-172DR notebook running on Windows XP. This laptop is not picking up any wireless network connections (even though it is DEFINATELY wireless enabled and has worked in the past). My wireless router is a D-Link DI-524.

Basically it used to work, and all of a sudden it stopped picking up any wireless connections. There's no wireless switch on the laptop, so the only reason I can think of is because the laptop sometimes turns off by itself (because it's on a charger that has a problem and I didn't have a battery until now) so it may have scrambled the wireless connection.

It would really help me out if this thing started working and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot guyz.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Is the laptop able to detect any router at all simply by scanning for routers in the area?

Kosta Kondratenko

Kosta Kondratenko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
No the laptop does not detect any routers.

It is weird because it used to and then all of a sudden stopped. Any ideas on what I can do? You know, like common problems/solutions with laptop wireless.