Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logitech speaker problem

• Please log in to reply

Biowar

Biowar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, all. First time poster here; it looks like a great and informative forum.

My problem is this. I just bought a new $3000 gaming pc. I am running Windows XP. I have a dual core AMD 4800+, and a Creative SB X-Fi sound card. (I think I was looking in my Device manager.)

The problem is with the Logitech 530 5.1 speakers. I have them installed perfectly, and have all the latest drivers. However, the front right speaker, the one with the volume control and power button, has extremely scratchy sound coming out of it. All of the other speakers and the woofer seem fine.

I had a technical support person walk me through absolutely everything, and they finally determined I had a faulty speaker, so I returned them and was shipped a brand new set. Same problem.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Not sure what could be causing that, but have you checked your sound card drivers are up to date? Also you could try reinstalling your sound card drivers, to eliminate driver corruption as a possible cause. If you have access to another soundcard (borrow a friend's for an hour or two) you could try that in your motherboard instead of your current one, just to see if the problem persists. If so you can eliminate the soundcard as the problem. Also do you use digital or analog connection? Can you swap the cables? When the unit was replaced did you get new cables too?

Edited by digikiwi, 27 July 2006 - 07:44 AM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Make sure all wired connections are plugged in nice and tight.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Two suggestions:

One-I know that if my cell phone is on and near my speakers, they crackle more than usual. Do you have anything near that speaker that could cause any electrical interference?

Two-The speaker is a dud. Contact Logitech and see if they will exchange that speaker for you.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts

I had a technical support person walk me through absolutely everything, and they finally determined I had a faulty speaker, so I returned them and was shipped a brand new set. Same problem.

Looks like he beat you to it :whistling: