Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SATA and RAID 0

• Please log in to reply

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Can anyone pint me in the direction of a website that shows how to setup RAID 0 on a pc with two SATA drives or does anyone know how its done?

Do i need to install XP first on one of the SATA drives or is this done after RAID 0 is setup?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

digikiwi

digikiwi

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I suggest googling for "how to set up RAID 0" . I just did that and thought this might help you

http://www.overclock...ners-guide.html

Do i need to install XP first on one of the SATA drives or is this done after RAID 0 is setup?

This depends on whether you're using hardware or software RAID controllers. Read a couple of the beginner guides.

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Thanks. Excellent article :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its pretty easy if you have or go download your motherboards manual(or a similar motherboard with the same controler) it will cover how to set it up via hardware and most will also do it via software i know my mobo manual had a great setup instructions with screenshots and everything its easier when its written just for you.

Also when you are going over it remember to balance wether RAID is worth it for you, you sacrifice data integrity in order to achieve a small performance boost if one dirve goes all the data is lost.