Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

game design

• Please log in to reply

unearth203

unearth203

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
hi i am in high school and about to graduate and i was planning on gettin into game design, so i was wondering if anyone has a some links about graphic design, c++ programming, 3d modeling, physic engines, etc, to help me on my way to becoming one, also does anyone have any game design software that i can download to help me get familiar with this, thanx for the help

Advertisements

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Easier said then done...

You will need: thourough knowledge of the C++ Object oriented language...
Good 3D modelling techniques
and a LOT of determination...it is virtually impossible to make a 2006/7 worth game by yourself...it would take you till 2020...:whistling:

That is why gaming companies hire different people for different things: modelling, game engine...etc..

hope that helped

p.s. google is the answer to everthing

ChrisWright

ChrisWright

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Well... Be prepared for a lifetime of hardship and tough work... Anyways, to provide what you requested...

This is a Google result page, remember that Google is always your friend...
C++ For Beginners

Otherwise, I advise you find a good book to invest in, as you will want to ensure this is 'the career for you'. Sites such as Amazon have selections of books that may be useful, and for some Microsoft programming applications you may wish to search out 'Microsoft Press'.

Hope this has been of at least some help,
Chris

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
oh 1 thing when you started highschool it might have been in your good interest to take buisness studies\computer science just to give you a jump start

unearth203

unearth203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
yes i took advanced computers

todumb4u

todumb4u

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
www.w3schools.com

Search around that site.... it is very good:)

Its not comlicated, its basic but it should give you a very good start to programming

And some ideas for making 3d models..

err

try 3d MAX studio

Um... thats all i can think of sorry

Hope it helps

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
For programming, I recommend using Notepad++.
It has a lot of color codes for code languages (almost all of them, I think).
Split screen, so you can work on the bottom of a script and at the top at the same time. (Doesn't sound usefull now, but it definitly is.)

Good luck young programmer.

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
http://gpwiki.org/ . Great start off - links, tutorials, engines, alkynes of stuff.

Good luck :whistling:

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
In reference to apps in which to build code, ever tried Textpad? I'm so in love with textpad for html, php, and stuff of that nature.