Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mozilla Exstension down load problem

• Please log in to reply

bigal41

bigal41

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I can't seem to down any of their extensions for any of the new tools or what they call extensions...I tried everything all I get is that I am missing a file called XPI. can anyone clue me in as to how to get this file or maybe another forum that might be of help.

I am running a PC XP windows and Mozilla FireFox 1.5.05

Thanks in advance

Al

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The 'XPI' file is the actual extension installer file you should have downloaded. All mozilla/firefox extension files are named "[filename].xpi"

There are two ways to download/install them:

1. You can LEFT-CLICK the "Install Now" link on the web-page to download and install within the FF web-browser in one process, OR

2. Right-click the "Install Now" link and choose "Save Link As" which will download the file to your Desktop (this is the default destination). Then go to your Desktop and double-click the file to install it.

Whichever of these two methods has given you the problem you described, you may have more luck with the other method hopefully!

bigal41

bigal41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for the reply...But I have tried all that and the program is still asking me for the XPI program to open the files with. That's my problem, I need the XPI file so I can open the extensions. Yet when I look up XPI in Google I get nothing that I can see that will help.

That why I posted here hoping against hope that I can pointed in the right direction. There are extensions that I could use but can't get them to open up once they are downloaded.

AL