Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anime Fans?

• Please log in to reply

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Well from just looking at random posts and judging from ppl's sigs/avatars/names I sense that there are quite a few anime fans in Geeks to go, probably among the younger geeks... but I am kinda suprised cause i never thought that techies watched anime.
I am a binge anime fan (usually watch a whole season in a few days)

Bleach
Naruto (TOO MUCH fillers)
Inuyasha
Full Metal Panic (Fumoffu!)

So what's every 1 favorite anime?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm an anime fan...but i must admit i haven't been able to devote my time to the stuff lateley

but my all time favorites

akira
ghost in the shell
vampire hunter d
evangelion
gundam (all versions)
big o
inuyasha
dragonball (all of them)

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Gundam is awesome, and i am currently watching ghost in the shell.
Didn't really get the evangelion ending......

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Naruto, can't get enough but i watch it on toonami so i guess that takes away from the whole experience. I want to get the english version but i don't know where to get it

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Anime, lol why cant you just admit you watch cartoons there is no shame in admiting you watch cartoons but you aint gonna catch me refering to looney tunes(god i love looney tunes it was funny when i was 2 foot tall and its still funny well past 6) as anime.

Gundam is cool, they could so do a rocking live action of that to complement the cartoon(if its on cartoon network its a cartoon lads remember no shame in it) it would work well as a live action bet it would beat transformers hands down cause gundams layeth the smackdown upon transformers( why state the ability to turn into oversized inanimate objects as a plus thats just daft Gundams kick [bleep] 24/7), and dragonball also cool but some of it is rather cringey worthy especially the dialogue but you dont wathc dragonball for the dialogue.

The rest im to old to pick up new cartoons, but [bleep] just set em down with a giant box of looney tunes on VHS and im amused for days.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Anime, lol why cant you just admit you watch cartoons there is no shame in admiting you watch cartoons but you aint gonna catch me refering to looney tunes(god i love looney tunes it was funny when i was 2 foot tall and its still funny well past 6) as anime.

there is a difference between anime and standard cartoons...it's about the drawing style and the general plot lines...big difference

like the difference between troma films and horror movies, big difference

i can't wait for the transformers movie that will be out next 4th of july

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
roadrunner is cartoon
bleach is anime

Cartoons, have no plot, usually light hearted and intended for audience of all ages. I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the main idea behind road runner.
Anime on the other hand, is far more artistic and usually have very strong themes and ideas. Gundam to most ppl is just a bunch of big mechs kicking butt, but there is also a strong message of peace and tolerance (2 things this world really need to learn) in the anime. Try sitting down and watching neon genesis on saturday morning.......
Don't get me wrong I love bugs bunny, and popeye, if i need a good laugh i will watch cartoons, if i wanted something more meaningful/alternative to reality tv i will watch anime.
LOL dbz was badly dubbed, that's why it sounds all funny....

yuukiri

yuukiri

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Or you can contrast them by stating that anime is formed in Japan and cartoons are from North America...

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Wow, has G2G dusted of the cobwebs of malware removal, the clutter of comp repair, etc., and somehow started verturing into the delights of anime, full marks to G2G then, I will not be outdone here:

akira
ghost in the shell
vampire hunter d
evangelion
gundam (all versions)
big o
inuyasha
dragonball (all of them)
witch hunter robin
hibana remei
trigun
naruto
bleach
kenshin
samurai champoo
one piece
scraped princess(no not princess 69)
o my godess
anithing by miyazaki hayao

To be continued(hopefully)

Edited by fleamailman, 29 July 2006 - 09:03 AM.

aquaknight

aquaknight

• Pip
  • 2 posts
bleach and tsubasa chronicles are my favorite anime

Edited by aquaknight, 29 July 2006 - 08:49 PM.

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
RahXephon, Kyo, X, Evangelion

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Well RahXephon is gonna be my next show, currently i am watching S-cry-ed which is a pretty awesome series.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I agree S-cry-ed is awesome, even though i have only seen a couple shows

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, anyone think that the manga spoils the anime, I mean I liked Naruto anime but then went on to read the manga scans and now I am comparing them while knowing the ending but I am hooked.

btw any link to bleach manga scans anyone.