Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Grapic card help with Presario 1800T

• Please log in to reply

blink

blink

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a properly functioning desktop at home but recently purchased a used Presario 1800T with an ATI Rage Mobility 128 M3 grapic car 16mb to be able to work from while on the go. I did not have the recovery disc with it so I simply installed Win XP and downloaded the drivers from Compaq. I was not able to get the video card drivers and went on various sites that suggested using the Thinkpad A20 ATI drivers which worked and also installed a tray tool that gave options of screen rotation , color adjustment and Open Gl 3d adjustment. Due to malicious software that was inhstalled on a later date , I had to start fresh with XP and realized that when I install the A20n drivers now... nothing happens. I don't get the same ATI tray tool that I did before. I searched the net for ATI tray tool and found one that is lasted as being for Radeon . It just made my screen striped with multi colors. I know that when I install the drivers that they are recognized but I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to adjust the color and contrast through software or at least what direction to look in fot the right drivers. I apologize for such a lengthy post but just wanted to paint a full picture. I know this is an old laptop but I am pleased with it so I would greatly appreciate any help to getting the proper drivers or insight on what software can allow me to adjust the color and contrast of my screen with. I took care of the rotation issue by getting software so far. I apologize in advance if this appears more like it should be in the software section.

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
have you checked

www.driversguide.com

i can see ati mobility m card drivers on it :tazz:

blink

blink

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I actually tried to sign up with that site twice and just got log in errors despite going through all their steps. I think I'll use the generic drivers I found for now but I still wish there was a way to adjust the color saturation or contrast of the screen. i guess I'll keep searching for a possible software solution. Thanks .

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
if you click on members sign in
enter

drivers2

as user name

enter

all

for password it will let you in

blink

blink

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you very much for your help. I found a few that I will try tonight. I eventually got my sign information to work but I did log in once with the name you gave me. That was very generous and I again thank you for your response.

blink

blink

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just to update. The driver did install aftert trying many but I can't seem to accessa window to adjust the gamma or colors. I gues that software wasn't in the zip. If you know of any 3rd party software that will allow me to adjust gamma and colors with my card that would be great as the ATI home page is not really helpful.