Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need a code for a button

• Please log in to reply

ruthye

ruthye

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
HiI made a curtain to open to the sides, now I got the code , is bellow, and it doesn't have the curtains I made, it has a blue page that resembles the curtain. the problem is that when I click in the button for the page, the curtains opens at the same time. what I want to have is this; you click the button on the index page , it takes you to the page with the curtains as soon as the page appears it has a botton that you need to click in order to the curtains opens. I don't want them open as the page load.
TITLE>curtain open to the sides code</TITLE><script language="JavaScript">xLeft = 0;xRight = 0;function openCurtain(){	xLeft -= 5	xRight += 5	if (navigator.appName == "Netscape"){		document.curtainLeft.left = xLeft		document.curtainRight.left = xRight		aLeft = document.curtainLeft.left	}	else{		document.all.curtainLeft.style.left = xLeft;		document.all.curtainRight.style.left = xRight;		a =  document.all.curtainLeft.style.left;		aLen = a.length;		a = a.split("");		aLeft = ""		for (k = 0; k < aLen - 2; k++){			aLeft += a[k]		}		aLeft = new Number(aLeft)	}	if(aLeft > stopPos){		var timer=setTimeout("openCurtain()",10)	}	else{		if (navigator.appName == "Netscape"){			document.curtainLeft.visibility = document.curtainRight.visibility = "hide"		}		else{			document.all.curtainLeft.style.visibility = document.all.curtainRight.style.visibility = "hidden"		}	}}// --></script></HEAD><BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#FF0000" VLINK="#000080" ALINK="#000080" onLoad="openCurtain();"><CENTER><H3>Curtain Effect - Centre Open</H3></CENTER><script language="JavaScript"><!-- Hide from old browsersif (navigator.appName == "Netscape"){	document.write('<layer name="curtainLeft" left="0" top="0" bgcolor="#0000FF" width="100" height="100" visibility="show"></layer>');	document.write('<layer name="curtainRight" left="0" top="0" bgcolor="#0000FF" width="100" height="100" visibility="show"></layer>');	document.curtainLeft.clip.height = document.curtainRight.clip.height = window.innerHeight;	document.curtainLeft.clip.width = document.curtainRight.clip.width = document.curtainRight.clip.left = (window.innerWidth/2) - 10	stopPos = "-" + window.innerWidth/2}else{	document.write("<span id='curtainLeft' style='position:absolute;visibility:visible;top:0;left:0;background-color:#0000FF;'></span>");	document.write("<span id='curtainRight' style='position:absolute;visibility:visible;top:0;left:0;background-color:#0000FF;'></span>");	xRight = document.all.curtainRight.style.left = document.all.curtainLeft.style.width = document.all.curtainRight.style.width = document.all.curtainRight.style.left = (document.body.clientWidth/2) - 10	document.all.curtainLeft.style.height = document.all.curtainRight.style.height = document.body.clientHeight;	stopPos = document.body.clientHeight * (-1);}// --></SCRIPT><HR></BODY></HTML>Please, READ the code and UNDERSTAND the questionhope someone got an idea, thanks in advanceCarmen
EDITED for readability, in case someone else needs to read this jazz

Edited by dsenette, 08 August 2006 - 08:48 AM.

Advertisements

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
Hi, I'm having a bit of a hard tiem tracking the code without formatting, also a link would be helpfull. If you are posting code i recoment using the
[code]
tags. as far as your problem i will look over it further but if in your next post you could post the formatted code and a link it would be helpfull

Edited by Magosis, 02 August 2006 - 07:24 PM.

Sir Grand Funk

Sir Grand Funk

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
That is SO not w3c friendly.

ruthye

ruthye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hi

I resolve the problem

thanks both

Ruthye

Juana

Juana

• Pip
  • 6 posts

can you tell what is the w3c?

ruthye

ruthye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hi Juana :whistling:

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) develops interoperable technologies (specifications, guidelines, software, and tools) to lead the Web to its full potential. W3C is a forum for information, commerce, communication, and collective understanding

look in this URl and you will be have more info then I can gave you

http://www.w3.org/

hope this help

Ruthye

ruthye

ruthye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Hi Juana :whistling:

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) develops interoperable technologies (specifications, guidelines, software, and tools) to lead the Web to its full potential. W3C is a forum for information, commerce, communication, and collective understanding

look in this URl and you will have more info then I can gave you

http://www.w3.org/

hope this help

Ruthye