Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicktime changes Color Quality

• Please log in to reply

adams0423

adams0423

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
On an HP laptop, whenever Quicktime is launched, the Color Quality goes from 24 bit to the lowest quality making the video look awful.

Any settings changes? As soon as I close QT, it refreshes the screen and the quality is back to normal.

Thanks!
Brady

Advertisements

adams0423

adams0423

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I just reread my post and realized that I didn't make one thing clear. When Quicktime launches the entire screen (other Windows apps, icons on the desktop, the background, everything) goes to the poor quality.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Brady

adams0423

adams0423

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Sorry to bump, but I've had no luck with this one... Last try: Any suggestions?

Thx

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what version of quicktime? what are your system specs? have you updated your graphics driver?

adams0423

adams0423

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
System is an HP laptop, 512MB memory, 1.8GHz+ processor.... need to doublecheck the video drivers to see if anything newer is available.

Quicktime is the newest version available from the Apple site, free version.