Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Photo Contest (PHP) need help

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I'm trying to get a working Photo Contest section working for my Scout Troop. It will be open to anyone in the troop and the preliminary voting will be open to everyone. I want to make the site easy so I planned on making each image in it's own table with the image for that button above it. I want them to be able to vote on as many at once as they can. And I want the database to keep track of each images ratings. The problem I am having is that I have no idea how to set up the check boxes form/submit button to update the totals when they hit submit. I also have no idea how to re-direct to a page that confirms their submission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
Well to make that work you first of all I recoment reading how a form tag works, (sorry if i'm over simplifying) a good place to read this is here I would also recoment getting to understand the $_GET and $_POST predefined variables in php you can read about them here.

an example of this would be, say I wat a page with a text box to send the name in the text box to the next page. It would look like this

<form name="test_form" method="post"> 
	 What is your name: <input type="text" name="feild_name">
</form>

and the next page would look as follows

[color="#000000"]<?php
	 echo "Hello, ";
	 echo $_POST[feild_name];
?>

Edited by Magosis, 02 August 2006 - 07:17 PM.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Thanks, Just got back from White water Rafting in Ohio Pyle, PA on the Lower Yough. I'll look into that thanks.