Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTM & HTML files not opening correctly

• Please log in to reply

vaisforlovers

vaisforlovers

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:blink: Whenever I try to open files that are htm or html will not open with IE like they used to. In Registered File Types under Folder Options have so many extensions that I have no idea what they are and when I scroll down to the above extensions it says the program that opens it is Internet explorer, but when I do open them I get a page of symbols %/or just garbage. Still unsure on how to attach a file I will try to copy some of what I am talking about.
I haven't installed or changed anything that would cause that problem.
I also cannot use stationary in Outlook Express since it is a HTML and I guess I just have a big mess. I have done research on doing a Repair and I think since I have other problems, this might be a good idea. But still learning perhaps I just need someone to give me some advice.
The other problems are the destop icons redraw whenever I go back to my desktop.
:whistling: I have a new Inspiron 6000 (4/7/06,) XP home SP2 PCCillin, Spysweeper, Spybot and untill recently I had AdAware SE but for the last 3 times I ran it it got stuck on a dll ?atapi? I am not sure at all if that was the name of it. I will re-install tomorrow. I guess that is enough info.
Thanks for any help.
Joanne
I wasn't able to copy and paste a minute ago but this what one the htm files look like opened by IE.
{(:t0 A=RichK^PELB @ 7׀ ?~π h(h"   SY.text1qgOu `.rdata0>~ @. (p .rsrc:<G@CJ E??????????????????????????????nVFtH@tȈ Q}F(F ^D$V t hISUW|$9~scNl$+;s3;s;t8Xt SQaX<++͍(@QRP蛡P~ +v|;6~N;t"A:t;u2_A^^^ ^][ $ _^ 9~ sWC5>(88qSVn<=X=T$3:$t&EFm%H:t@;΀m_HG^2ՄFR =(_]\QV{ _B @YN w;sZ@0FWHΆA'_^$QsC[CGHJ Ujh pBdPd% EAOكeP]}vEGE }3PC:E'@@ E @Ë]}쀋Kv@ sэxʃCdsz@C@K{ sM_^d ([] d]Cu 2B@ÐhҰ&*YB܄!D  13CŤ~DhgY$0s0@'ԅ5K5Q xW|$3t$e@4oEuuu L$,B;D$|؍T$$;uPSVVt$(@;vL;$uH@t3ɀf@}3j@Y@T$,0EUM j$@j UA.u! }ˋ)AE ] < 4@OtF@F NVcxcCL$_AG @D$t V+L^"&RFPw F q HQ K5LSK SI5I5CVHhIן] 4jQD AE

Advertisements