Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Issues On Board Audio

• Please log in to reply

cradl

cradl

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
I built my system and eversense when I play any type of audio or just when windows boots up and sound comes out it is studdery and choppy.
Asus E Pre
1 gig pc2 5400 Hyper X Dual Channel
80 & 40 gig HD Maxtor IDE 133 with card
Latest drivers from asus as of last year and I beleive thats all they have had.
I even turned off on board in bios and put my old Sant Cruz card in to see and it still didn't work.
So I got new speakers and nothing.

Driving me nuts can anyone help.

THANKS

Advertisements

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
is it a digital card or is it a analog...if it is digital you might try to go to the sound icon in ur system tray and going to advanced and checking and unchecking the box called 1 Digital Output only..this is a shot in the dark but ya never know

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Yes it is and I will try that and let you know, I remeber when I was installing drivers it had a hard time picking up the digital part of the drivers that Asus provided.

Thanks