Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video making/editing software

• Please log in to reply

Crater

Crater

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hey guys. I was looking for some kind of free video software that would let me record footage while I was in a game, save it as ".wmv", ".avi", ".mpg", ".mpeg", ".qt," or ".mov" format. Or another program that I can use to convert it is fine as well. And I need a video editing software so I can cut/paste/clean up the video :-p. Both really need to be free if at all possible. Thanks much guys!

-Crater

---- wow okay im a newb. I see the video/editing section now. sorry for this post. adios! ;-p

Edited by Crater, 27 July 2006 - 11:38 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
no problem. what your looking for is http://www.fraps.com/

the cool thing with fraps is that with windowx xp/media player, you can use moviemaker to edit the file. It is what my clan has done for a long time to record our ingame footage.

alisavan7007

alisavan7007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
eh...Most of the free ones are only the free trial version. There is always some limitation in it.
I used to editing videos with WMM, and now I do with ShowBiz, it's really as easy as WMM and you can edit videos just by dragging video clips or photos into storyboard. Special effects such as transitions, subtitles and so forth are allowed to add to live up your videos.

SylviaW

SylviaW

• Pip
  • 4 posts

You can use Joyoshare Media Cutter to edit your videos. Although it is not totally free of charge, Joyoshare provides 5 free opportunities for you to edit videos without registering, which also allows you use all the editing tools.