Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I tell if someone was on my computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kjm1

kjm1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, this is probably something pretty trivial compared to the rest of the topics on here, but.....

Im wondering if anyone can tell me if its possible to look up a computer log of files accessed on a certain day.
I think someone was on my computer and logged into my msn and got into my hotmail account. I checked the internet history, and all signs point to yes. But I'm wondering if theres somewhere else I can look on my computer that would give me a more accurate report. Like for instance, the time of day certain files were accessed. I looked at the cookies, but it didnt help.
If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
your infected with malware you should go to malware forum nothing can be done here

post your hijack log in malware forum

friend of mine had same virus

but got clean im the malware forum

kjm1

kjm1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, thanks for the advice....I probably shouldve been more detailed...in this case, it was my roommate on my computer and Im 90% sure she got into my email, but I dont know for SURE, and I dont want to say something unless I have proof. Which is why Im wondering if theres somewhere that tells me the time of day certain files were accessed.

SandV4

SandV4

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Edited - the advice given is against our TOU and defeats our mission of eliminating spyware/malware.