Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two Problems - connected?

• Please log in to reply

N.Collin

N.Collin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. Got a big problem here, or at least it seems big to me.

Whenever i try to do somthing that has something to do with the graphics, like playing a game all the fans go up to maximum speed and after a while the computer shuts down (probably because it's overheated).
This never happened before, and i have not changed any harware or anthing like that.

There is also another problem (and this is also a new thing that i've never seen before) that i think somehow are connected with the first problem:
The monitor suddently becomes covered with different colors so that you're not able to see what you're doing but it still runs normal behind the colors. I dont think this is a "bad monitor" ishue beacause i have tried with different monitors and the same problem occures.

I have the latest catalyst drivers to my Medion Radeon 9800xl graphic card and i made a trobleshoot that says that it could be outdated bios but i dont think so.

Please help me! (Im from sweden so try to disregard my spelling mistakes)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would say you've probably got some temp issues...have you cleaned out the inside of the computer lately? dustbunnies can cause this

also google for speedfan and downlad tht...run it while you do some thing on the computer that will heat up the card...and report the temps

N.Collin

N.Collin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you, i will do what you told me as soon as my computer allow me to. The colors appear before I can log in. Have to restart it a couple of times and even then i might have...5 - 30 minutes untill the screen goes crazy again