Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection problem on desktop

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Hi,

I posted in this thread about this problem in the "Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here" forum which can be found here just for reference. greyknight17 referred me to post in this forum. So here I am.

This is the situation. All of a sudden my desktop just can't connect to the internet. I am using a wireless router. The desktop connects through it. And my laptop, which is what I'm using now to post, connects to the same wireless router. My laptop only connects through wireless. I have no extra cable to try connecting through cable. And the cable (connecting the router and the desktop) is deep in the 'jungle' of wires. So I'd say only my desktop can't connect through cable. (:

It was alright all along. I called my computer administrator to consult on what to do. Did many resets/re-boot on the computer. Still can't. And I think I have just got back the same virus I had before. The msn error produced when I try to log in is exactly the same as before when I had a virus the previous time. I've uploaded a picture. Please have a look.

Regards,
Jay

Attached Thumbnails

• MSN_Error.jpg

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
on the desktop do start >run > cmd > ipconfig /all and report the results

any chance of digging that cable out and trying the laptop with it? (i've got a headlamp and a machette you can borrow if you need them)