Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstaller left after uninstall

• Please log in to reply

James Smith

James Smith

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I posted part of this problem in the Hijack this log area. I have fixed part of the problem I had, but still have a problem with an uninstall command in my regestry.
This command, iMeshBar Uninstall=rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\UNINST~1.DLL,O -2, is reinserted into my regestry everytime I reboot, after removing it from the regestry.
As far as I know I never had imesh on my system ( until this happened and I put it on and uninstalled it to try and fix my problem).
What keeps puting this command back? How can I stop it?
When I boot I get the error C:\PROGRA~1\UNINST~1.DLL,O -2 can't run, then C:\PROGRA~1 can't be found.
I have ran every spyware, Virus program, clean up program I could find that looked like it might work. I guess I'm at the point of a format and a reinstall. But I just don't have the time right now.

Thank You for any help

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you still have hijackthis on your computer from your journey through the malware forum?

James Smith

James Smith

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes I still have HiJackthis on my system, Below is the log I just ran

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i didn't ask you to post that...please don't post HJT logs anywhere but the malware forum...hold your horses :whistling:

Edited by dsenette, 28 July 2006 - 01:48 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
open up hijack this and click on the config button >misc tools>

tick the first box next to "generate startuplist log" that says "list also minor sections"
then press the "generate startuplist log" > save the log and ATTACH it with your next post (please don't post the contents...attach the file)

click on "open uninstall manager" > save list > attach that list with the startup list

James Smith

James Smith

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank You for the help, I have attached the startup list as per your instructions

Attached Files

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that's just the uninstall...whatabout the startup?

James Smith

James Smith

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Please bear with me I'm trying and thank you

Attached Files

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
not trying to rush you..just making sure you're not having issue with the process...sorry if i sounded rushed

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well..you've deffinitely got that imesh uninstaller in your startup entries...let me figure out the best way to go about getting that gone

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...

first you need to disable spysweeper

To disable Spy Sweeper:

Open it click >Options over to the left then >program options >Uncheck "load at windows startup".
Over to the left click "shields" and uncheck all there.
Uncheck "home page shield".
Uncheck 'automaticly restore default without notifiction".

after you do that open up HJT and scan your computer
put a check next to
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [iMeshBar Uninstall] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\UNINST~1.DLL,O -2
and press fix
now reboot see if the error comes back,

If it works out, re enable spy sweeper reboot one more time to be sure

(thanks for the hand don77)

James Smith

James Smith

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Spysweeper was the right track. I ended up uninstalling spysweeper, using Hijackthis for the fix and reinstalling Spysweeper.
Inside Spysweeper shields is an edit startup it has a long list of active and inactive statup entries, unchecking does not always work (version 5.xx). After I disabled everything everything worked fine until I reenabled spysweeper. Then I had several new startup items that had not been on my computer for awhile.
Thank You very much for the help you were right on.
Sometimes it's hard for us retired Grandpa's to get their head around these computer problems

Jim

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...the help in this one goes to don...i completely forgot about spysweeper (i guess i shouldn't have dropped out of geekU eh don?) i'm glad you got things sorted