Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

(1 item remaining) in status bar

• Please log in to reply

promoter

promoter

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have a website up and starting yesterday, the message "(1 item remaining) Opening page http://" displays in the status bar of my browser. It does not show me the name of what exactly it is trying to open and it remains there and never fully loads. There are no visible problems with the pages. But it does that on every page. How can I figure out what the problem is?

Also, I only have the issue in Internet Explorer, not Netscape. I haven't tried any other browsers.

Here is the link to my website: http://theinvernesscondos.com/

Any ideas? I have tried searching this site for the same question but I kept getting an error message whenever I searched.

Thanks
Sara

Advertisements

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
before i see your link: my first guess it's a broken image link.

from what i can tell a background image is missing. is it?

Edited by TaNkZ101, 28 July 2006 - 12:27 PM.

promoter

promoter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Well, the images and .swf files that I do have on the site all show up. They've been working for months with no problems. About a day or two ago, I uploaded a new .swf file to the site. It's on a page that is hidden on the server until it's approved by the client (so you can't find a link to it on the site yet).
Here is the link:

http://www.theinvern...os.com/map2.htm

Around the time I uploaded this, I started having the issue with the "1 item remaining" error. But why would that be a problem for the other pages? I've re-uploaded this file several times, and updated the file within the .htm document as well. And I've checked to make sure I've uploaded the .htm and .swf files into the appropriate folders on the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
hmm i think you should check all of your image/scripts/etc. links in any given document that the problem is occuring on. i just think that it's a broken link. don't forget to check the head as well.

promoter

promoter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Okay, I took down the suspected trouble-causing .swf file and the .htm page it was on (so the link I gave earlier no longer works). I'm going to continue to look at the flash file for any broken links but in the meantime, could someone else take a look at the file? Since I've been looking at this thing for days, I may not notice something obvious. Thanks a lot!Attached File  map.zip   242.24KB   451 downloads