Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bugs in the Machine

• Please log in to reply

henderj66

henderj66

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi there

I live in rural East Scotland and each year before harvest time, we get millions of Cornflies, tiny tiny flies that only live for 4 weeks and then die off. Having recently moved (within the same area), my PC is now near a window (what a view!!). Anyway, as a result, I have loads of these wee things in my monitor screen (dell 15" tft behind the front screen).

Everything is working fine but I would appreciate any help on getting rid of these pesky critters without hurting the screen or my system!!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Maybe you could blow them out of there with compressed air? Canned air might work, but probably won't have enough force.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Are you saying they're actually inside the monitor?

Either way, the chances are you will have loads of them inside the computer case. I suggest you check that out & remove them with compressed air like austin_o suggested (not sure about the monitor though).

After that, you can buy fan filters to cover the case fans, especially any that are sucking IN air, & maybe even the PSU fan (assuming this is how they are getting in). Fan filters are made of really fine mesh so they should stop the bugs while still allowing air to flow.