Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help identify this xp virus

• Please log in to reply

mannyz

mannyz

• Pip
  • 9 posts
help, i have a dell dimension 4400 xp and i must have some virus

in windows it will work slowly for a few minutes but then all my icons disappear off of desk top, all running programs are gone and i do not have access to the task bar ............... all i can do is restart.

when i start the computer it only goes to reboot

it seems that it cannot load or locate the drive

i tried hitting f8 f3 for safe mode and used chkdsk, at first it said drive have 1 or more errors on it, but after i finally got it to restart, it just does it again

running chkdsk i somehow got to a blue screen that indicated the follow:

SOMETHING ABOUT:

file SCPCDCON.SYS

technical info
0x00000050 (0xFC02625C, 0x00000000, 0xFBFF21B8, 0x00000000)

SPCDCON.SYS - Address FBFF21B8 base at FBFF0000, datestamp 3b7d8507

hoping someone can help me identify this virus and then hoping to fine something to eliminate it.

also while i was able to get explorer to work for a bit, to no good end some popup came up that said wuauclt.exe would not work and another that read cannot be "written"

help please, manny

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. You need to work your way through the malware removal guide at http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html