Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Onboard video card burned out,

• Please log in to reply

tubui

tubui

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
I have an INTEL motherboard with onboard video card, and recently I've been getting this ialmrnt5 driver error.. So I reinstall the drivers and stuff and then finally I got this BSOD and then now whenever I turn on the computer, it runs and all but it doesn't show up on the monitor. The monitor just have an orange light power.

I put in this other video card that I got from my other computer that broke that also ran WinXP but then it still the same thing. Do I have to do something else? I can't even see the screen... What do I do??

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I suspect you need to access the bios and disable the on board video.

tubui

tubui

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Ok, I unplugged it and replugged the card again and it works. Its some sort of Nvdia video card.. But for some reason it keeps shutting down on me like when I click a folder or when I leave it idle for a minute..

Do I need a new driver?!

--

ok this is wierd, I try to boot into safe mode networking to install new drivers for the card. But then it automatically resets me. I do it again and now I got where I first came from. Just black image, but this time with the video card I put in..

I think something is wrong with my chipset because earlier before I installed some sort of chipset installation....

What do I do now?!

tubui

tubui

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
ok ok, this is really wierd. i took out the added video card that i put in and now i plugged my monitor to my onboard video card.. it waasn't fried. it turned on..

now i'm back where i came from. THE BEGINNING.. but if I get my ialmrnt5 driver error again, what do I do??