Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logitech G15 + KVM

• Please log in to reply

mitchwoodruff

mitchwoodruff

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay.. so I have this Logitech G15 gaming keyboard and love it.. My only problem is how much power is required to run it. As is I have it running into my KVM and it works almost fine as is with just it connected with no other devices. If I connect a mouse or something TOO much power is drawn and it just shuts off for 3secs, then tries to turn on and goes off for 3 sec, and repeat.

It switches between pcs fine.. so the only problem is power.. Any idea how I can give this guy more power? Maybe I will have to operate on the usb cord and do something?

The kvm I use is IOGEAR MiniView Extreme Multimedia KVMP Switch.

http://www.iogear.co...ct&Item=GCS1732

Edit -

Seems to be I kind of fixed it.. It has 2 extra USB ports on the back, I guess for extra devices. I plugged it in there and I guess those USB ports run off the Power Adapter? Because it works fine now in that spot. Whereas I had it in the USB port on the front marked Keyboard before. My dream come true.. My logitech G15 + KVM..

Edited by mitchwoodruff, 28 July 2006 - 06:57 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You just beat me to it there with your edit. I was about to suggest checking the power adapter when that iogear webpage crashed my browser!

Glad you've got it working :whistling:

mitchwoodruff

mitchwoodruff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply. I almost gate up on trying to get a KVM for this keyboard, when i searched about it on google people said it was impossible. Even though the KVM was 100 dollars its well worth it since I can use this keyboard, as well as the sound, mic, and another usb device between the two computers.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
I agree - they are extremely useful at times. I've got a Belkin Omniview 4 port KVM which I use whenever I have to work on customers machines at home. It allows me to use one monitor/mouse/keyboard although it doesnt have the USB option. Still much better than having 2 lots of everything, especially monitors!