Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dedicate ram to GPU?

• Please log in to reply

sandcrab2

sandcrab2

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
im just wondering if i can dedicate some of my abundant ram, and maybe even some cpu cycles to my much lacking graphics "card". My computer came with no agp slot for some reason, unknown to me. I have a gig of ram and a 3GHz processor that i plan to overclock soon after i finish my cooling system. Anyone got a useful snippet of software? or a setting i can tweak to make my graphics run faster? Btw i have all the newest drivers for all my hardware. Any helps appreciated, thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
There really isn't any software that can allocate system ram to video except the motherboards that run on-board video. Instead it would be better to run a standard PCI slot video card. You won't have the pipelines you can get with a AGP card, and you do lose some speed, but i have played many games with a pci card without problems. Heres about the best you can get with PCI.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814103167

SRX660

My2Cents

My2Cents

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
maybe you board has PCI express video card slots.or its a budget board without either video source,and pci is your only option.
opinion only ,good luck overclocking a bugdet board
http://www.tek.com/M...n...cie|k249|c

Edited by My2Cents, 29 July 2006 - 06:22 AM.