Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound driver problems

• Please log in to reply

mr hobo

mr hobo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Today I downloaded a patch for my SB Audigy 2 Audio [CF00] from

http://us.creative.c...dDspLangID=1033

a auto patch for sound drivers. It told me to restart the computer - which I did. When my computer restarted and I got back into windows, I noticed there was no sound. On my keyboard I have a volume controller which can open up a mixer. I pressed it, and now it comes up with this:

Unable to change the sound device to your selected Device.

It comes up with that twice than:

SurMixer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

There is no sound at all. If I need to post my computer information, please tell me how and I will.

Thank you

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Delete the sound blaster drivers in add/remove programs and reinstall from the cd you should have recieved with the sound card package.

If that still does not work i would delete the programs again, and also delete the sound card from device manager. Rebooting windows should get you a "found new hardware" message box". You can then reinstall the drivers and programs from the CD.

I had a problem when i installed the audigy card in that i also installed the remote control software even tho i did not have a remote. This caused many problems when it could not find the remote so i deleted the programs and reinstalled without the remote drivers.

SRX660