Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card

• Please log in to reply

scottish cougar

scottish cougar

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hi forum
:blink: I have a Dell 8300 pc my graphics card is not working. I would like to know how i can tell if my card is on the motherboard or is it a seperate card altogether. Thanks for any help

Scottish cougar :whistling:

Advertisements

My2Cents

My2Cents

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Hi forum
:blink: I have a Dell 8300 pc my graphics card is not working. I would like to know how i can tell if my card is on the motherboard or is it a seperate card altogether. Thanks for any help

the easiest way is where does the monitor plugin to computer ,the vertical conectiond by the mouse ,keyboard or the horizontal down lower where addins like modems ,and soundcards and the like are .
also i think all the dells i've had apart had onboard video .

Edited by My2Cents, 29 July 2006 - 06:12 AM.

scottish cougar

scottish cougar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hi my2cents
Thanks for the reply my monitor plugs in on the horizontal.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You should get the video adapter drivers here, you may also want to check the display drivers

http://support.dell..../...=WW1&osl=EN

scottish cougar

scottish cougar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hi Keith
:blink: I have downloaded the drivers and it did not work. The reason i asked the question is that i need a new graphics card all wanted to know was is the card on the motherboard or was it seperate from the motherboard then how do i find out which one it is so that i can replace it. I have a ATI radeon pro which would be a better card to replace it with or should i get the same type that i have already have. Thanks for all the help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Ask the question in system buiding because they make those choices more often than here, where repairs are more common

http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=27

I expect there will always be a better card than is installed in any pre-built system because they only need something which works to sell it, not something which runs at the top end of performance benchmarks

scottish cougar

scottish cougar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Ask the question in system buiding because they make those choices more often than here, where repairs are more common

http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=27

I expect there will always be a better card than is installed in any pre-built system because they only need something which works to sell it, not something which runs at the top end of performance benchmarks

Hi keith
thanks for your help i have just posted this the system building forum so please close this post thanks again.