Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email form not working after changing to CDO

• Please log in to reply

terryinobidos

terryinobidos

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I recently changed the code for a contact form that sends details to a database and then emails me the results too. It worked in both browsers (Mozilla Firefox & I.E) using CDONTS, when I changed to CDO it works sporadically for I.E but all the time for firefox. The relevant code is below, any ideas anybody???
Set NewMailObj=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
NewMailObj.From = Request.Form("fldEmail")
NewMailObj.To = "[email protected]"
'NewMailObj.To = Request.Form("fldEmail")
NewMailObj.Subject = "A form from the Great Big Event website"
NewMailObj.HTMLBody = "Below is the result of the feedback form for -<b>"& Request.Form("fldEvent") & "</b><br>It was submitted by <strong>" & Request.Form("fldEmail") & "</strong> on "& when & "<br>***************************************************""<br><b>Name: </b>"& Request.Form("fldName") &"<br><b>Position: </b>"& Request.Form("fldPosition") &"<br><b>Organisation: </b>"& Request.Form("fldOrganisation") &"<br><b>Telephone: </b>"& Request.Form("fldTelephone") &"<br><b>Email: </b>"& Request.Form("fldEmail") &"<br><b>Address: </b>"& Request.Form("fldAddress") &"<br><b>Postcode: </b>"& Request.Form("fldPostcode") &"<br><b>Message: </b>"& Request.Form("fldMessage") &"<br><b>Additional & 3rd party info: </b>"& Request.Form("fldNoMarketing") &"<br>"

NewMailObj.Send

Advertisements