Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP Desktop with Windows Me

• Please log in to reply

Gene R

Gene R

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Now I have two OSs on this PC. When it boots up it asks which OS I want to boot to. If I select Windows, nothing happens. If I select W2K it boots but does not show any of the programs, etc. in the Me side.

How can I remove the W2K install?

Thanks....

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I take it you have two separate partitions, one with WME and the other with W2K, and you want to remove W2K? Probably the best way would be to format the partition that it is on. W2K is far superior to WME. Just curious why you choose to remove that instead of ME. I used to have ME on an old 1 Ghz Compaq that I upgraded to W2K pro, which I still use. I would never go back to ME.

Gene R

Gene R

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
The user does not have the restore disk and I installed w2k before I knew it wasn't an upgradable item for Me.

Only had one partition so I deleted it with fdisk and reformatted the drive then installed Me back one it. I am attemting to get a copy of the restore disk from Compaq and restore it back to as when new....I did slave the drive and got all data files, etc., before reformatting it.

Thanks for your replay and sorry for the delay in replying....

Now I have two OSs on this PC. When it boots up it asks which OS I want to boot to. If I select Windows, nothing happens. If I select W2K it boots but does not show any of the programs, etc. in the Me side.

How can I remove the W2K install?

Thanks....