Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GHz Broadband Router Died

• Please log in to reply

RGoodwin

RGoodwin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Router is about 2 years old. All lights are off. Power source is connected to a surge protector which is producing power to other components. I have no way of telling whether the power adapter is dead or the router is dead. The adapter is warm when plugged in.

Is there a way to have it checked out or repaired? I just ordered a Wireless-N router, but I hate to throw the Wireless-G away on principle.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you can find an adapter with the same type of plug and the same power ratings (they're usually written on the big part of the adapter) you could try using it to see if it's the adapter...other than that there's no real way of telling if it's the cord or the router

RGoodwin

RGoodwin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply. I expect when my Wireless-N arrives today it will have the same power source and I can check it out. I was just wondering if these things can be repaired. Nothing on Linksys web site addresses anything but warranty work.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
When something like this dies, it's usually far quicker (and cheaper) just to replace it than have the original repaired. Plus the replacement will probably be far superior in some way or another to the dead one anyway.